Tuesday, June 30, 2009

my plastic dreams came true


I love plastic... from straws to toys to stuff that can go on my body. During a visit to NYC last week, we heard about the Melissa shoe sample sale. OMG. Weetu has been a fan of these plastic creations since we accidentally discovered them. My first pair, purchased in a run down Bakers Shoe store on State Street, was a sexy neon yellow and pink high heel jubilee. I googled Melissa" immediately, but alas, they had very little presence here in the US.

Like a kid in a candy store, I drowned myself in plastic wonderfulness in search for the coolest size 10's available at the sample sale. Priced at $25-$45 a pair, let's just say more than one pair came home to live in Chicago. Yes, a very indulgent, perhaps shallow, but certainly sweaty episode, and I'm thankful there isn't footage to end up on You Tube.

Melissa is a Brazilian company that provides the rest of the world with eco-friendly works of art for our swampy feet. They continue to innovate by partnering with celebrated designers such as Zaha Hadid, Vivienne Westwood, the Campana Brothers and king of punk British fashion designer – Judy Blame. Providing a "Fair and Conscious Practice of Design", Melissa's are a shoe you can feel good about while looking hot at an affordable price. They are super comfy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for submitting.