Thursday, May 26, 2011

Best in Show category



I thought that the designboom mart was the best part of the show and this "Make a Wish" ring was part of those selections. Some may call this section of artist sold design items "gimmicky", but I call it damn refreshing. It was the most soulful, enthusiastic and fun part of ICFF and could teach the larger manufacturers a thing or two. Also part of this section were jewelry wax molds entitled "historical disasters" and rubber eraser "brass knuckles". I had to have the yellow "Make a Wish" ring and look forward to burning my knuckle hair at the next special occasion.



I have no idea what they'd go with, but I am totally compelled by these corrugated cardboard light spheres. Calm and soothing with a subtle reference to The Death Star.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for submitting.